Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Thoughts of Opening Stuff and Tron



How many of you are MIB collectors and how many are Openers? Me? A little of both. When I first starting collecting, everything was opened, I was a kid, duh. Then around the time the re-release of Star Wars toys (about 1995) I started this thing where I would buy one to open and one to keep packaged, now most of that packaged stuff has been sold or given away. I have kept some things packaged and in some cases they may be duplicates left over from that time. No I won't open something if the package is so cool that I want to keep it all pretty. This is rare as I have been opening more and more.



The reason for all the questions and somewhat explanation is I have unearthed part of my collection that are packaged and I have only bought one of and I have started opening them up. Nothing really big yet, mostly just figures, like this retread from NECA of the Disney Tron line.



I picked this guy up when the re-release of the toys were in Sun Coast Video stores, along with a copy of the DVD. I even remember picking him up because I wanted the Warrior figure and this was the only guy they had. Upon returning home he sat packaged and on displayed until a couple years went by and I packed him up.



So the other day when I was going through some stuff I picked him up and ripped open the package and busted out Tron here. Any regrets? Not really, I actually enjoyed it. This led me to start thinking about some other items I have kept packaged, again some that I only purchased one of, that I really wanted to tear out of the box and check them out, make a display on the shelf or just play around with on the desk.



I thought I would through these questions out there in this post.

Have you opened toys you have kept packaged for years?
Do you just open them when you buy them?
Do you leave stuff MIB?

Here's a list of some things I've been thinking about opening up:

• DC Direct 13" Batman - This one is sooooo tempting.
• DC Direct Super Friends Aquaman / Black Manta two pack - I've had this one a pretty long time, I want to open it, but man you can't turn back.
• Kenner Batman the Animated Series Clay Face - This one I may just pick up a Mattel Clay Face two pack and keep this one all packed up safe and sound.
• EMCE Mr. Spock with Gold Bands - I already have a Spock open, so this one could just be displayed in package, I just talked myself in keeping him packaged.
• Hasbro, Wall-Mart Patrol Dewback - Just kidding, I am so opening this one!

Post a Comment

0 Comments