Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Challenge Day 14 - 4th Blogiversary & Rebs Day 3

I hadn't forgotten. Honest guv'nor!

Yes, yesterday was the 4th birthday for my blog. I will be announcing a prize draw next weekend hopefully.

So, today has seen me put the finishing touches to my Nostalgia theme entry (having done some work on it yesterday evening), take photos and write the text for the entry. It's all super-high-top secret, so no sneaky pics here - you'll just have to wait for Curt to post them all tomorrow.

Last night I did eventually pluck up the mental courage to tackle painting the flesh on the Rebs. Three hours later, I had painted 616 tiny little faces and 1232 tiny little hands.



This evening I've been painting the hair. 616 tiny lots of head hair and about 200 tiny beards done in a bit over 2 hours (not including breaks). Next job will be hats and kepis, then belts, pouches, breadbags, canteens and blanket rolls. Oh, and sword and bayonet scabbards. then the drums.

So, here's how they look now:





At this rate, I don't think I'll have them finished by next Saturday. I'm also not sure if my sanity will hold up that long! I may need to take a teeny break and paint something different, if only to get some points added to the table. Maybe some Aztecs?

Post a Comment

0 Comments