Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

PERFIDIOUS ALBION....WIP

 Recently inspired by Instagram posts on the Grimdark miniature movements Turnip28 and Weald28, I thought I'd have a go at doing some very basic assembly and kit bashing of plastic figures... something I've always shied away from doing.  

As it turned out kit bashing is very different to assembling straight models, because it really doesn't matter if there's a gap or surfeit if glue... Especially if you are going to paint in the manner of the 2 groups above where everything is covered in mud and moss anyway!

I've long wanted to do a small project following British Mythology mixing it with my own ideas, so who better to start with than Brutus of Troy, first king of Britain. Brutus is a mysterious figure invented by medieval historians ( notably Geoffrey of Monmouth) to tie in known British history of the time with the mythology of both the classics and the Bible. Exiled from Troy for accidentally killing his father, after various adventures he ends up on the shores of giant infested Albion, landing at Totnes in Devon. I'll elaborate further when (if) I get the figures painted, but here's the work so far.


I enjoyed sticking the Perry Wars of the Roses  figures together, they are very well designed. From left to right...  standard man at arms but with a hoplite shield, man at arms with a Victrix muscled cuirass and plume added , Rogue miniatures Mordred who I might use for Brutus although the armour is so iconic could it only be Mordred from Excalibur? Thoughts in the comments please if you can. Finally if I use the Mordred figure I'll leave him as he is and have a shield bearer to do his defending for him. Let me know what you think. 




Post a Comment

0 Comments