Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Fresh start, Fresh period and inspiration.

So with a return to the painting table and wargames in general, I wanted to look at a new period for me. I have often wanted to get into the American Civil War, even more so since reading the Bernard Cornwell Rebel books
I cant put my finger on why but reading the Cornwell books always inspires me to paint armies, after reading the Arthurian series I painted a Warhammer Ancients Arthurian army and the Sharpe books have lead me to delve into the Two Fat Ladies Sharp's Practise and the Perry miniatures 40mm range.

So when I resently sold my old climbing gear I put the money towards and new period for me and I have to admit that the attraction of the ACW is the Perry miniatures plastic box sets meaning if I want to expand my foothold in the period it will not break the bank. So I was very pleased to see that the Perry twins have created the ideal kit for me to get into this period in the form of their Battle in a box.


While the 40mm Sharp's Practise figures will be painted over the winter the ACW might wait a bit longer. My Daughter is looking to fly the nest in 2017 and that will open up her room to become our hobby room half will be dedicated to knitting and sewing (my wife's passion) and the other half will be my wargames room including a good sized wargames table. All this will be in the future, I hope that I will be able to document the building up of my hobby room in 2017 on this blog.

Post a Comment

0 Comments