Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Weekends


Saturday morning found me driving to my daughter's apartment to do a computer swap.  Her six month old computer was acting weird and she needs a functioning computer for note taking and for final exams at law school.  I enjoyed a beautiful drive soaking in the autumn countryside while listening to a few podcasts.  We swapped computers (gave her my husband's) and then proceeded to have a lovely lunch and a bit of shopping.

As you might have guessed, the computer isn't acting weird here.  But it has a wellness appointment at a local computer repair shop-fingers crossed they find something!  This reminds me of the days of when my children would be sick and while at the doctor's appointment, their fever would break, or their cough would disappear.  How awful to wish your child would show any sign of illness to prove to the doctor that something, anything was wrong to make the appointment viable.

Once I was home from the computer swap, I enjoyed a delicious curry dinner made by my husband.  Different recipe for a chicken and mushroom curry and a lentil dahl.  His stand by recipes will always be my favorites because those are the flavor memories I measure new ones.  I know it's a little weird.

We are closing in on the big "cut the cord" event. The first week of November our two year contract is complete with the satellite company.  I don't know about you, but I'm getting a little tired of two year contracts.  Lately the phone contract irked me so maybe that will be one that gets axed or tweaked.  I'm on a roll for saving money.

How was your weekend?

Joining Amanda

Post a Comment

0 Comments