“They don’t make ‘em like they used to.” – Lament from every person who’s gotten old enough to dislike the current movies, shows, plays, books, music, games, etc. that are coming out today.
Over the years there have been movies made that for one reason or another could never be made today. Usually that reason is that the subject matter is one that modern audiences would not want to pay money to go see. Sometimes it is not the subject matter, but the way it is treated that would cause offense. In both cases studios would simply avoid giving the go ahead for these kinds of movies nowadays because they don’t want the controversy, nor to lose money.
For this category I’ve got movies about circus freaks, a relationship between a stepfather and his teenage stepdaughter, and a dark comedy about teen suicide.
As I post the reviews, I will come back and add links here for those posts:
On to the reviews…

0 Comments