Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Getting it done...

That 27 degree temperature yesterday warmed up to a  high of about 58, with sunshine! I simply HAD to get outside and move some pine straw and rake a few leaves.


got a lot done too, and it felt so good! I love having pretty warm pine straw spread along the front of the goat lot and down the path to the chicken house...keeps your feet nice and clean these rainy days.


Added some straw here too...


I had to leave the yard work early and get half way cleaned up to go to the grocery store at 3:30 when Poppy got home.  I've been without a car all week as "the little old lady" has been in the shop. You see, she is a 1998 model. She needed new door handles, a little paint touch up here and there, and a good cleaning.  That meant driving Poppy's truck. I'm telling you, I went to town in style...in the finest big silver Toyota Tacoma on the road today. Clean as a pen, sitting up high with wide tires, dual exhaust, and all the extras a man could want. I felt mighty proud sitting at stop lights looking down at people's heads with the deep-throated rumble of that dual exhaust..

Anyhow, supposedly, we have rain coming in around lunch time today, so I bundled up and went outside at 8:00 this morning and worked until 10:00. A rumble of thunder was mentioned in the forecast too along with the slightest chance of snow on Sunday. All kinds of ups and downs here.

I finished another apron...




and a bonnet...not too sure I like the fabric or maybe it's the pink ric-rac on the apron.



I found this pretty little can at the thrift store for only fifty cents...

why, the safety pins that were inside are worth fifty cents.

and while I am standing here at the desk...the sweetest little porcelain baby doll, a gift from Andee when they were stationed in Germany several years ago. 



Not much of a post here. I seem to have a blank mind today, but thinking good enough to know that I need to get up from here and get busy. I put off vacuuming and washing a load of clothes this morning, to work outside. It is really dark and gloomy looking here now, like the bottom could fall out at any time. :(

Hope to be back real soon.

Love,
Henny












Post a Comment

0 Comments