I have a stitching finish today. I shared last week that I pulled an oldie but goodie from my stash for this one. I even did it on Aida. I think sometimes these older patterns were designed with Aida in mind and look really nice on it. I had done two sunflower pieces last summer and this one will make a cute trio on display for late summer after the patriotic pieces are put away.
BUT< there is a but for this finish.
At the encouragement of Meg from Live to Stitch, I went back and watched Vonna from The Twisted Stitcher and I have done my first flat fold with a stand.
I did it!!!
Now, my photos were taken right after I finished, so there is still some wet glue showing, but y'all I love this one. I don't think this will be my last.
Side view. Not my best side view, but keeping it real. I will get better!!
The back.
I just love love love it.
Now, for my weekend wrap up.
Jeff and I sort of played tourist with the magnificent weather and before the real tourists get here.
On Saturday, we went to the island for Jeff to give out fishing awards to elementary aged children living in the south end of the county. He was the school district representative for the event sponsored by the Kiwanas Club. I remember a kid winning when I was teaching. He came in with his trophy that Monday morning. It has been going on a long time and is a lot of fun for the kids.
There is fresh water pond right in front of the beach literally. 84 kids showed up to fish.
1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes were awarded for biggest catch and most fish caught for grades 3-5 and K-2.
Here is your beach picture.
It was a gorgeous day and the water was gorgeous. WE walked around while the kids fished and then Jeff did his stuff.
Sunday after church we walked around the Destin Harbor and watched boats come and go. A heron was hanging out near the charter fishing boats coming in. Herons and pelicans are right there as the fish are cleaned to get any leftovers.
This one grabbed a bait fish.
We drove back to Fort Walton and walked all around downtown and acted like tourists shopping. There is actually a great local artists' store that I have seen forever and never gone in. I will have to go back when I need gifts because it had some great unique items.
Then I came home and pulled out the paddle board for the 2019 season. No bathing suit ---no plans to fall in...ha ha.
I didn't fall in as evidenced by the picture below.
Have a great week everyone.








0 Comments