Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

TREND WATCH : Mary Katrantzou SS11

mary Katrantzou! She of the mad prints and structured dresses started her show with - you guessed it. Mad prints and structured dresses.... Except there were more dangly bits this time. (see Holland below) and more bits of fabric hanging off the end of dresses. Which is strange. I always think of MK as being more of a shift dresses kinda style. As always with her dresses there is a real impact with the prints. She really knows how to make a dress with impact and style. These are not dresses for the faint of heart and quiet of wardrobe. These demand attention. Not so much demand but scream, kick and throw a hissy fit for it in the style of a 5 year old screaming for taytos in supervalu. You will get looked at, you will get noticed and you will start people talking....you may or may not get your taytos though....
I do love a massive necklace. At the BT show a few weeks ago I couldn't help but notice a lot of the front row fashionistas wearing large necklaces! (more then a few were Chanel) So I think this is going to be a huge trend for next season as well. The bigger the bling the better!
The colors were paler and more pastel then her usual style as well. I don't think the photos do the clothing justice. When I saw MK's dresses in the flesh I was excited by the powerful use of color and impact of the prints. But this often doesn't translate well to photography. I think the dresses on display at this show were her usual style. Again, will need to see them in person!
A lot of this random bits of fabric hanging off the hems really doesn't work for me. I think it looks a bit messy for a designer known for her cut. It just seems a little......something.
However I am loving those lace up booties. WANT!
SO....WHAT DID WE THINK? 6/10 - Impressed again by the power of her prints and the accessorising with larger then life necklaces. but those raggedy bits of cloth on the hems have to go. They are seriously wrong.....

SO....WHAT'S ON TREND?
random bits of cloth on the end of hems
pastel shades
ruffle straps
oversized necklaces
lace up booties

Post a Comment

0 Comments